Los Gatos, Oct 9, 2009- Sciforma Corporation, the Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) technology visionary, has raised the competitive bar with its latest version of PSNext, incorporating a range of powerful, new features while maintaining its proven reputation for ease of use with more than 250,000 customers worldwide.
The key points of this release are enhanced Portfolio and Demand Management, Resource Allocation Management, to consider the resource request and commitment process between project managers and resource managers; Object Data Model Extension and Pooled Risk.
"As our customers are fond of reminding us, ‘failure is not an option’ in today’s demanding and fast-paced economy,"" Sciforma CEO Yann Le Bihan said. “The innovations in this release improve the strategic information C-Level executives tell us they need the most, in addition to continuing our commitment to accessibility and ease of use.”
Acclaim For PSNext
Sciforma regularly publishes its customers' experiences online, extolling the benefits of working with PSNext. A small sampling of frequently mentioned attributes:
In addition, the company was recently cited by well-known analyst Gartner, Inc. as a “Visionary” company in its Magic Quadrant report on IT Project and Portfolio Management products, noting Sciforma customers endorse “PSNext project status tracking and project reporting capabilities, as well as the multiple levels of visibility and communication the product provides.”
- "Reliable, reliable, reliable" Justin Farrelly, Vercet LLC
- "PSNext is the only software that can manage resources exactly the way I want them” Jeff Morris, Beck TV
- “It’s both powerful and user friendly, people pick it up intuitively” Cary Lakeman, Timbers Resorts
Entirely web-based, the product can be used regardless of geographical location, operating system, or browser, making it the ideal choice for organizations with single or mixed IT environments. More PSNext information is available online: www.sciforma.com.
A summary of new features in the latest version of PSNext:
Valerie Zeller | firstname.lastname@example.org
Maryse Camelan | + 1 425 985 2121 | email@example.com
- Portfolio and Demand Management Allows candidates to be ranked by management to ensure they are aligned with business strategy. Nominated projects are then established in a prospective project pipeline. Candidate projects can be considered in various pipeline scenarios to gauge their impact upon human, material, facility and capital resources to determine the optimal strategy for achieving goals through effective project execution.
- Resource Allocation Management Project managers can estimate resource needs based on resource profiles. Resource managers then have a large set of tools to study resource activity at a glance for choices of the best resources to fulfill requests made by the project manager.
- Object Data Model Extension The customization possibilities go far beyond creating fields within a built-in object. Users are now able to extend the object data model to describe any entity they would like to manage such as risks, invoices, purchase orders, etc. And this, without a single line of code. User Defined Objects have all the power of built-in objects; new fields can be added, spreadsheet listings can be designed, reports can be used to consult their records, etc.
- Pooled Risk Project managers can insert buffers at the end of projects and at key points in the project to protect milestones and plan for uncertainty. Monte Carlo simulations can be run to project optimal durations for the buffers.