Minimizing project delivery cycles is not possible without maximizing productivity, given that resources are typically constrained. The need to complete projects quickly requires efficient planning and execution.
You can’t manage what you can’t see. Making project status, issues and outcomes visible allows organizations to benchmark performance to improve the quality and consistency of project management processes and outcomes.
Responsiveness to the needs of the business and the market depends on project execution excellence, but this is gated by effective project planning and management.
PROJECT PLANNING & MANAGEMENT SIMPLIFIED FOR PMS
At its core, Sciforma project planning and management software makes it easy for project managers to plan out and then manage the work that needs to be done, and the deliverables that need to be achieved for individual projects. This includes the creation of work breakdown structures, and the allocation of tasks.
Sciforma's solution makes the process more consistent, more productive, and more transparent.
Sciforma improves productivity by limiting the use of desktop tools and information silos, centralizing and consolidating PPM information, connecting and lastly, automating PPM tasks. Furthermore, it provides project teams with the flexibility to work in their methodology of choice: Agile, Waterfall, or CCPM. Project managers can also delegate work by using Sciforma’s unique “Work Package Management” capability.
Sciforma achieves consistency through the application of common financial and reporting formats, KPIs and success metrics, standard methodologies, and templates.
Sciforma provides transparency by giving visibility to project status, scope, issues, change requests, project and resource inter-dependencies, performance metrics, and business impact. Powerful analytics dashboards and reports puts this dynamic information right at your fingertips.
Sciforma provides a complete set of functionalities so your project managers can manage their project in a single project management platform:
- Use our all-in-one, powerful Gantt view to manage the project critical path, assignments (labor and cost Items), financial transactions, deliverables, and risks
- Manage resource allocation including “generic” resource profiles for quick assignments and bulk fulfillments
- Manage resource scheduling & tracking, labor assignments, cost items, transactions, risks, deliverables, and steps at a task-level
- Generate regular or on-demand status reports with portfolio/program consolidation views, built-in audit trail capabilities, configurable KPIs, and subjective and objective indicators for steering committees and status report history management
- MS project integration (XML export/import)
Sciforma gives you all the options to set and plan your project before moving to execution:
- Lock a project so that it can be scheduled using templates if needed, with critical path/critical chain visibility
- Plan out resources to establish the optimal plan before publishing
Use the project methodology of your choice
Sciforma supports Agile, Waterfall and Critical Chain methodology:
Integrated Agile PPM enables the blending of agile and waterfall methods in a single project and the ability to create sprints, with budget points, baseline points, story points and project boards with task cards
Support for Critical Chain methodology including Critical Chain identification, buffer generation, resource contention resolution, fever charts, and multi-project synchronization
Support for phase gates methodology, including deliverable and risk templates, gate approval meetings and reviews, and status reports
Sciforma allows you to transfer authority to manage a separate specific section of your project without blocking the other tasks:
- Delegate a part of a project to a local “work package manager” role, including the ability to define contracts, KPIs, status reporting needs, and work package delivery parameters, such as deliverable specifications, time, and cost
- Create and use visual dashboards for conducting work package reviews of project status
Sciforma helps estimate and monitor costs with KPIs to make sure you stay within your budget:
- Estimate savings in order to calculate key project and program financial metrics such as cash flow, ROI, payback/breakeven period, and NPV.
- Use sophisticated cost and budget management functions with support for cost and effort breakdown by cost center, allocation at the portfolio, program, product, project or work package level, and cross-program, product, and project reallocation.
Sciforma provides a simple workspace for team members so they can collaborate at any place and any time:
- Create your Kanban view for issues, actions, change requests, deliverables, risks, lessons learned, documents, and attachments associated with projects, programs, and portfolios
- Update above connections on the fly while maintaining parent-child dependencies and other logical relationships
Sciforma’s ability to provide an enterprise-wide solution platform for all R&D NPI projects and fully support the project lifecycle from end to end enables NXP to:
- Drive common project lifecycle standards.
- Perform top-down portfolio and roadmap management and develop key portfolio analytics instantly.
- Achieve “exponential improvement” in executive summaries and speed of analytics.
Project Planning and Management Solution Brief