Unlock new efficiencies with adaptive resource management
Improve Market Responsiveness
Build the right teams, mobilize resources with speed, and adjust resource plans with agility, to achieve time-to-market goals and long-term competitiveness.
Increase Operational Efficiency
Operational efficiency starts with basic resource utilization and availability visibility (i.e. who is working on what) and is vital to maximizing productivity. It is matured with more granular resource allocation controls.
Maximize Business Impact
Excellence in talent management means having the right resources with the right skills available for your highest value projects, working at the optimal utilization rate. This is also the formula for maximizing business value and impact.
Resource planning and management made simple and impactful
Project Manager: Maximize Chances of Project Success
- Get an overall view of project status, with updates of on-going and planned work, improved resource and capacity visibility, and dependency visualization.
- Easily highlight project team understaffing.
- Easily collaborate with Resource Managers thanks to dedicated workspaces and tools to eliminate emails and reduce administrative overhead, allowing focus on value added work.
- Use an automated customized workflow to build teams and request resources.
Align All Stakeholders
- Through its role-based nature, Sciforma enables all stakeholders in project and portfolio management (Executives, PMOs, Financial Controllers, Project Directors/Managers, staff, Resource Managers, Customers, Suppliers, Sub-contractors, etc.) to manage their portfolios, programs, products and projects in a centralized way.
- Profile-based and individual permissions are used to finely manage authorizations and access rights to functions within the tool as well as the data in read or write access mode.
PMO: Gain Compelling Insight into Project Activity
- Access fresh, accurate, real-time data to better understand project value and risk.
- Enjoy improved clarity over resource allocation, dollar spend, staffing conflicts and changes in headcount.
- Use capacity planning views and reports to get visibility into the future about where resources are likely to be over or under allocated.
Resource manager: Improve Control to Drive Efficiencies
- Get a view of how balanced your team’s schedules are and understand your capacity to take on new projects.
- Identify underutilized and over-worked resources for in-flight and planned project scenarios thanks to resource utilization heat maps.
- Allocate tasks to your resources and update your schedule in seconds.
- Approve Project Manager resource requests and allocate resources to a project without requiring a previous request from the Project Manager.
A wide array of capabilities to accommodate any resource management models
Sciforma Resource Management has been designed to support all kinds of situations (i.e., situations where the team leaders need to optimize their resource assignments or in large organizations with high-level resource allocation needs).
- Capacity Planning & Analysis
- Multiple Resource Assignments
- Multi-Projects Resource Management
- Capacity Acquisition
- Aggregate resources, categorize by role
- Easily review the upcoming effort for a pool of resources, taking into consideration the ongoing projects along with the proposed projects
- Create reports to analyze the gap between requests/allocations and allocations/assignments
Manage all assignments:
- Hard assignments: a resource name has been identified
- Soft assignments: the assignments are qualified by organization and/or job classification and/or skills
- Generic assignments: same as soft assignments except that their definitions are stored as generic resources to facilitate re-use and review
Easily fulfill or replace resources (i.e. team member leaving the organization) across multiple tasks while the actual effort vs remaining effort is maintained automatically.
Assign and track uniform and non-uniform resources hours/utilization and review resource conflicts across multiple projects.
Build highly effective project teams from a clearly defined pool of resources available for a project, regardless of where the resources come from, and using the methods of your choice: manual resource additions, dedicated resources, allocated resources, committed resources.
Use the project methodology of your choice
Sciforma supports Agile, Waterfall, Phase Gates, and CCPM
Integrated Agile PPM enables the blending of agile and waterfall methods in a single project and the ability to create sprints, with budget points, baseline points, story points and project boards with task cards
Support for Critical Chain methodology including Critical Chain identification, buffer generation, resource contention resolution, fever charts, and multi-project synchronization
Support for phase gates methodology, including deliverable and risk templates, gate approval meetings and reviews, and status reports
What our clients say about resource management with Sciforma
Improving the Management of Product Development Cycles
Driving Strategy Development and Execution Efficiency
Increasing Visibility to Enable a Systematic Approach to Project Resource Allocation
“The PMO now has a consolidated overview of capacity requirements over 18 months, categorized by team and by role, for ongoing and upcoming projects.”
“The impact to our business was that we couldn’t easily answer the question ‘are our resources aligned with our strategic priorities?’ There was an information gap and it was mission critical that we close it.”
“There was not a systematic way to track investments, whether direct project cost or labor resource investments. Using a tool will allow us to track and have a measurement of this to show the true ROI of implementing specific projects.”
Head of PMO
Discover our critical capabilities
Sciforma has been designed to address key pain points which directly impact PMO Objectives/KPIs that align with the core C-level objective of achieving profitable growth.